Friday, May 8, 2015

Heart Sisters by Natalie Chambers Snapp (Be the friend you want to have)

by Natalie Chambers Snapp    

Abingdon Press  

   Heart Sisters, a new book by Natalie Chambers Snapp, gives advice to women on how to develop encouraging and beneficial friendships with other women. 
Natalie writes with clarity and understanding because, after all...she is a woman! Although not a psychologist, Natalie has insight from her past which she draws on as she shares valuable lessons for other women. 

   I expected much of this book since I have for years struggled with understanding friendships. However this book did not fulfill my personal needs; I do believe a psychologist would be able to address the questions which have arisen in my mind better than just another woman who has gone through life just as I have. I really enjoy Gary Chapman's books, as well as Jennifer Chapman's insight. Of course I agree with any reader who will tell me that is not a valid reason for disliking Heart Sisters since the author herself confesses that she is not the top leader in such topics. I was entirely open to learning from her book but came away with less than I expected to glean from the chapters. 
That said, I am sure that this book will still help most readers. I just have had more opportunities to discuss relationships and such with family and friends and we've kind of gotten the information presented in the book on our own. Of course the BIBLE helps. ;) 

As a last note, I also looked up the author and found that I personally don't agree with certain opinions and stances she takes on current issues.


**I was provided a copy of this book for my honest review and opinion. All of the opinions here are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment