Monday, May 19, 2014

Book review: 10% Happier

10% Happier by Dan Harris

  I requested this book though a program which I thought offered Christian books. I wasn't expecting this book to be doctrinally-sound, but I did assume it was Christian. oops.
Definitely not. After glimpsing some pretty bad language, I made the decision to not read the book in whole. But I read enough to inform me of the author's goal in writing it. He has come to the conclusion that meditation is the answer for finding personal peace and that extra 10 percent of happiness.

   First, there is absolutely NO happiness apart from Jesus Christ. In now way can you add to the happiness of your existence if you don't the true source of joy in the first place.
Secondly, although I am not against yoga as a form of exercise, yes even as a relaxing form of exercise, meditation on anything but the things of God is dangerous and wrong.

This book was very strange and whether you agree with me theologically or not, you probably will be quite displeased with the language.

I received this book through Litfuse blogging tours and was encouraged to express my entire honest opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment