Wednesday, January 28, 2015

The Paleo Chef by Pete Evans- a review

The Paleo Chef: Quick, Flavorful Paleo Meals for Eating WellThe Paleo Chef by Pete Evans

   The very fact that has brought television personality Pete Evans criticism from the general public is what had me the most interested in reading his Paleo cookbook!
Wondering what topic that could possibly be? Simply the aspect of activate almonds!
Yes, you can believe that I was delighted when I opened Pete Evan's cookbook ''The Paleo Chef'' and discovered in the beginning chapters that he highly recommends soaking and slowly roasting all nuts and seeds! I knew I could trust this guy. ;)
I was also pleased to see that this author doesn't recommend overdoing it on grains! I am not Paleo, but my diet corresponds often to that of the Paleo eater so I am able to benefit from such cookbooks and recipes.
Yet again I was delighted from this cookbook published by 10 Speed Press. Will they ever disappoint?
This new recipe book is packed with interesting and healthy recipes which I am eager to try.
The ones which have especially caught my eye include: Licorice Root Sausages with fried eggs and greens, Moroccan carrot salad, Roast chicken thighs with garlic, lemon and herbs, and I am definitely going to be making chocolate beet mudcakes for Valentines this year!

For your interest, this Australian chef uses raw honey for the sweet things in this book but that can be substituted or left out by the talented stevia-lover. Pete Evans also uses coconut oil and other wonderful fats and-to my delight- avoids soy products.

The recipes concentrate mainly on vegetable dishes, but there is enough variety that any cook will be fascinated and pleased with this book!

More about this cookbook:

Acclaimed international chef and television personality Pete Evans takes a whole new approach to making gluten-free, grain-free, and dairy-free meals that are worthy of a restaurant but effortless to prepare. More and more people are discovering the health benefits of the Paleo lifestyle by cutting out processed, sugary foods and instead eating quality proteins and fats, fresh vegetables and fruits, and nuts and seeds. However, following this way of eating doesn’t mean sacrificing flavor or spending a long time in the kitchen. In The Paleo Chef, Evans provides more than 100 recipes for gorgeous food that is satisfying, distinctive, and good for you, including Kale Hummus, Vietnamese Chicken Wings, and Key Lime Tart.

Each and every one of Evans’s innovative recipes pops with flavor and is brought to life with stunning, full-color photography. Living—and eating—the Paleo lifestyle has never been so effortless and so delicious

No comments:

Post a Comment