Monday, March 24, 2014

Book review: The Art of Storytelling


The Art of Storytelling: Easy Steps to Presenting An Unforgettable Story by John Walsh

   What an interesting book!
Helpful for people eager to perfect their storytelling skills, beneficial for public speakers, and missionaries.
 And even useful for just a regular person like me and you.
Because we all tell stories.
Every day!
You may not think of them as such, but every incident you choose to relate to someone else is a story you have found fascinating. And you are a storyteller. It is in your power to make your stories spell-bounding and meaningful or flat and boring. I love talking with family and friends, describing to them my thoughts and discoveries. I can't wait to put the lessons presented in this 14-chapter book into practice. I am sure my personal audience will much appreciate what I have learnt!

  This work by John Walsh was very easy to read; perhaps because of the unusual content, maybe because the author has an engaging style of writing. This book was not simply a textbook or ''how-to'' manual.

   Walsh's personal story is inspiring: growing up with a major stutter, he nevertheless felt called by God to the ministry of public speaking. It is interesting to see how God helped him overcome, for the most part, his weakness.


No comments:

Post a Comment